Help file with XSD and C# content

Topics: Questions
Apr 9, 2014 at 8:23 PM
I am trying to create documentation with a C# project and additional XML Schema documentation and am not having much success. I installed the plugin and configured it and if I don't remove intermediate files, I can see all the files in xsdTopics folder, but the generated help file does not seem to contain the topics. The schema file is for the empty namespace, but I have tried all the permutations of adding or removing containers and the output still does not contain the XSD topics.
Coordinator
May 4, 2014 at 5:33 AM
That was probably an issue because I didn't use the proper registration.

Can you check whether the issue persists with the current release?

Thanks,
-Immo
Jul 28, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Edited Jul 28, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Hey,
just installed the version (2014.4.22.0) of Sandcastle and Schema Documenter and I'm experiencing the same.
The generated Help Website does not contain any XSD Schema documentation, but in the working directory I can see an xsdMedia and xsdTopics directory with lots of content.

Here is a screenshot of the plug-in settings:
-- image wouldn't display properly, so here's the link:
Ling to Image

I have never used Sandcastle before so this could be the classic case of beginner's misadventure. Never-the-less, it would be great if I could get this working.
Cheers
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2014 at 5:17 PM
Thanks, I'll take another look.
Aug 11, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Super!
I look forward to getting this to work.

Let me know if you there is anything I can do to help.
Aug 21, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Hi Immo,

Just wondering if you have made any progress on this problem I'm experiencing.
Would be great to show a working demo to my boss. :)

Cheers and thanks for you time/effort with this tool,
mTrilby
Coordinator
Aug 24, 2014 at 9:07 PM
HI mTrilby,

I'm unable to reproduce the issue. I've filed a bug and attached the sample code I was using. Can you take a look and see whether you can reproduce the problem on your machine?

Thanks,
-Immo
Marked as answer by terrajobst on 8/24/2014 at 1:07 PM