System.InvalidOperationException Exception

Feb 5, 2010 at 10:59 PM

I get the following error while trying to use this plugin with SHFB 1.8.0.3-

SHFB: Error BE0029: Unexpected error while executing plug-in 'XML Schema Documenter': System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to compare two elements in the array. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XsdDocumentation.Markup.ListItemBuilder.<Build>b__0(ListItem x, ListItem y)
   at System.Array.FunctorComparer`1.Compare(T x, T y)
   at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.QuickSort(T[] keys, Int32 left, Int32 right, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.Sort(T[] keys, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.Sort(T[] keys, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at System.Array.Sort[T](T[] array, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Sort(Comparison`1 comparison)
   at XsdDocumentation.Markup.ListItemBuilder.Build(Context context, IEnumerable`1 schemaObjects)
   at XsdDocumentation.Markup.MamlWriterExtensions.WriteList(MamlWriter writer, Context context, IEnumerable`1 schemaObjects)
   at XsdDocumentation.Model.ContentGenerator.GenerateAttributeTopic(Topic topic)
   at XsdDocumentation.Model.ContentGenerator.GenerateTopicFiles(IEnumerable`1 topics)
   at XsdDocumentation.Model.ContentGenerator.GenerateTopicFiles(IEnumerable`1 topics)
   at XsdDocumentation.Model.ContentGenerator.Generate()
   at XsdDocumentation.PlugIn.XsdPlugIn.Execute(ExecutionContext executionContext)
   at SandcastleBuilder.Utils.BuildEngine.BuildProcess.ExecutePlugIns(ExecutionBehaviors behavior)
Failed to compare two elements in the array.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Coordinator
Feb 9, 2010 at 7:08 AM
Edited Feb 9, 2010 at 7:09 AM

Hi vaibhavb,

Thank you for using XSDDoc! I am sorry for the inconvenience this bug is causing.

Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce the problem without the XML schema your are going to document. However, my psychic powers tell me that you are documenting a schema file that has unresolved references. If you are able to send/upload the XML schemas I will have a look. If this is not an option I can offer you to assist you in finding a work around.

Best,
Immo

Marked as answer by terrajobst on 2/15/2014 at 6:16 PM